CNC Machine Control Retrofit Package
Core User Features & Functions:
The following core functions are only a portion of MS-Tech’s CNC control’s capabilities. MS-Tech’s CNC system is Fanuc G-Code compatible. Programs originally written for Yasnac control also run well for machines with new MS-Tech control.
The MS-Tech CNC control comes with the following major functions:
- Automatic mode for running NC program, including, single-step, optional stop, block skip, restart functions, etc.
- Edit mode for CNC program editing, including find/replace, G-code help, M-code help, go to a line/block, etc.
- MDI (Manual Data Input) mode for entering and executing CNC commands block by block, which may be selected from command history listing.
- Manual mode for homing, jogging by hand-wheel or by key, etc.
- Setup mode for tool offset and work offset data editing including offset measurement function, etc.
- Service mode for machine diagnosis, including ladder logic diagnosis, error message tracking, etc.
- Simulation function for verifying CNC programs before running
- Standard G-code and M-code programming per convention, and canned cycles are included.
- Search program either by block number or by line number
- Inch/mm automatic conversion for tool and work offsets
The following features have been designed to enhance the user experience:
- Built-in 3-D tool path display
- Built-in conversational programming
- Program down/up load from/to USB flash disk or RS-232C com port
- Super user-friendly — most people master the operation within 20 minutes
- Easy subprogram handling
MS-Tech’s CNC control is a combination of state-of-the-art quality hardware and advanced software for CNC machines. Each component of MS-Tech’s hardware and software was designed for straight forward installation and user-friendly operation.
As a result, MS-Tech’s Cincinnati VC Series CNC retrofit package contains both CNC and PLC components needed to make the CNC machine fully operational. MS-Tech CNC control sends +/- 10V command signals to servo and spindle drives, and accepts quadrature encoder-type signals for feedback.
Typically, MS-Tech’s CNC system interfaces with existing motors and drives seamlessly, allowing you to replace the old CNC control while keeping the good motors and drives, to achieve a more efficient (in both time and money) retrofit process. In case your servo or spindle drive on the machine has problem, please contact MS-Tech for retrofit solution with new motors and drives.
MS-Tech provides a full installation manual and allows for free, unlimited email-based technical support. You will be surprised at how easy the control system is to install and use.
The following is provided to assist your installation process:
- PDF Installation manual
- Retrofitting checklist
- Reference wiring diagrams
- Licensed CNC Software pre-installed
- Machine specific parameters pre-configured
- Cabling between major control units provided
MS-Tech offers an optional, quick installation service for its CNC control package, designed to minimize machine downtime. Typically, two MS-Tech technicians can have a machine retrofitted and operational within 4 work days from arrival. For a quotation regarding our installation service, please contact us directly via phone, email, or eBay message.
Core features for retrofitters:
The following features are intended to help retrofitters to expedite and simplify the retrofitting process. MS-Tech’s CNC control package has the following features:
- Built-in PLC and ladder programming utility for I/O control
- Built-in PID tuning utility for servo performance tuning
- Built-in diagnostic utility for system trouble-shooting
- Built-in macro for automatic tool change control
Intuitive User Interface:
MS-Tech CNC is capable of doing complicated machining jobs with ease of operation and programming. Our user interface was designed to provide operators with the greatest convenience for day-to-day use — a typical operator can learn how to use MS-Tech’s CNC system within 20 minutes. A full PDF operator manual will be provided with the CNC package.
A customer wrote to us: “As we bring in additional employees and more people interact with the MS-Tech controls, the feedback is always very positive and everyone remarks how easy and user-friendly the controls are to use”.
Servo Motors and Drives:
Servo drives and motors are not included in MS-Tech’s listed price. MS-Tech’s CNC control system can interface directly with your pre-existing motors and drives for most of the Cincinnati VC model number machines. However, new MS-Tech servo motors and drives can be ordered to prevent issues from outdated and worn drives, as well as save time by directly interfacing with MS-Tech’s CNC solutions. Please contact MS-Tech for pricing and delivery information.
The following parts list covers the basic components included in each MS-Tech CNC control retrofit package. Our engineers customize each package for your specific machine, so final parts list may include additional items.
|1||1||Operator panel unit (OPU)|
A closed unit ready for being installed in front of a machine. The OPU consists of a built-in 15" LCD color display, an MDI input device, a manual pulse generator, and pushbuttons of Emergency-Stop, Cycle-Start, Feed-Hold, etc.
|2||1||Motion controller unit (MCU)|
A self-cooling, highly-reliable, industrial-grade motion control computer with a solid-state hard drive, built-in PLC, etc.
|3||1||Signal connection unit (SCU)|
It is a control signal connection unit for connecting to/from OPU, MCU, servo drives, spindle drive, relays, and magnetic contactors. It has built-in optically-isolated home switch inputs, limit switch inputs, general purpose inputs and outputs.
|4||1||Power supply unit #1 (PSU1)|
For supplying power to OPU, MCU, and SCU.
|5||1||Power supply unit #2 (PSU2)|
For I/O switch use.
To be attached to the bottom of the OPU.
|8||1||I/O expansion board (IOX)|
For controlling solenoid valves and receiving input signals
|9||1||One set of I/O modules for DC inputs, AC outputs, DC outputs. The actual types and quantities are depending on the machine to be retrofitted. MS-Tech willmakesure to ship enough I/O modules.|
Licensed MS-Tech CNC control software
Pre-installed in the MCU for your specific type machine.
|11||1||One set of customized machine data files. MS-Tech will install the right machine data files for the type of the machine you ordered.|
|12||1||Operator manual in PDF format|
|13||1||Integration manual in PDF format|
|14||1||Reference wiring diagrams in PDF format|
|15||1||OPU power cable|
For connection from SCU to OPU
|16||1||OPU Pushbutton cable|
For connection from SCU to OPU
|17||1||OPU eHMI cable|
For connection from MCU to OPU
|18||1||OPU USB extension cable|
For connection from MCU to OPU
|19||1||SCU control signal cable|
For connection from MCU to SCU
|20||1||IOX expansion cable|
For connection from SCU to IOX
|21||1||There may be other components that MS-Tech deems necessary based on experience|